CARES Act: Emergency Financial Aid Reporting
The following information is provided here in accordance with The Department of Education directive that each institution receiving Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) post this information in a format and location that is easily accessible to the public.
- An acknowledgment that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Gaston College signed and submitted the Certification and Agreement for CARES Act Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students to the U.S. Department of Education April 13, 2020. Per this agreement, Gaston College is required to spend no less than 50 percent of the total funds received on direct emergency grant aid to students.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- Gaston College has received a total of $1,260,424 from the U.S. Department of Education for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students (Award #P425E200519) through the CARES Act.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the 30-day Report and every 45 days thereafter).
- As of July 9, 2020, Gaston College has distributed a total of $417,850 in CARES Act emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- An estimated total of 3,122 Gaston College students are eligible to receive CARES Act grant funds.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- As of July 9, 2020, Gaston College has awarded an emergency financial aid grant to 764 students.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The method used by Gaston College was a hybrid tiered method using the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the 2019-2020 FAFSA to direct funds to students with the greatest need.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Grant funds have been provided by the U.S. Department of Education Award Number P425E200519100. 100 percent of the cost of this program is financed with federal funds. Gaston College has received $1,260,424 in federal funds to support this program. Zero percent of non-federal dollars have been used to finance this program.